Blogging … What’s all the fuss?

This year I have participated in a teacher learning program which helped to develop links to learning with other teachers. We were given a task to explore learning together and how teachers and students can connect learning beyond the walls of our classrooms. The group I worked with explored blogs and how they can support and encourage improved literacy skills.
Our POD blog is still in the early stages of development but watching the following video gives a glimpse into the potential of blogging.
I hope to support blogging across the school at YPCC as I believe blogging enables to children to write for a purpose and encourages our students to work together in their learning.
Check out YPCC’s contribution to this great learning opportunity.

2 thoughts on “Blogging … What’s all the fuss?

1. What a fabulous reflection about the purpose and benefits of blogging!! Kids certainly say it in much clearer and more interesting ways than we find to explain it!! Wonderful to see the YPCC kids in there too 🙂

2. Hi Trish and YPCC Pod 1!
    Just wondering if you would mind if I include your fabulous video on my class blog for our “About Blogging” page?
    I think it would be great to share! If this is okay, can you please let me know how to correctly acknowledge the creators?
    Thanks, Cass.